Location & Attractions
The Chetwynde Hotel is located on the outskirts of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria and only a short drive from the Lake District National Park. Our location offers a fantastic base for enjoying all the Lake District and Local Furness area has to offer and a warm and friendly welcome awaits you!
We are close to:
- Cistercian Abbey Ruins at Furness Abbey - 10 minutes on foot
- National Trust Beaches - Sandscale Haws (Roanhead) - 10 minutes in the car
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park - 10 minutes in the car
- Newby Bridge and the southern tip of Lake Windermere - 25 minutes
- Abbey House Hotel - 5 minutes on foot
Finding Us and Transport Links
When coming into Barrow via the A590 Bypass, you will pass the Wild Animal Park just after Dalton-in-Furness.
At the second roundabout (by a golf course) you will see a brown sign to Furness General Hospital on the left. Exit the roundabout at this sign onto Mill Brow.
At the bottom you will meet another roundabout - take the signs to Barrow, turning right. You are now on Abbey Road. You will pass Furness General Hospital on the right and Abbey House Hotel on the left. We are approx 500m after the Hospital on the right.
We are two minutes from a regular bus service, buses 6 and 6A, situated on Abbey Road. This bus runs from Kendal & Ulverston via Dalton-in-Furness, Furness General Hospital and Barrow Town Centre.
We are approximately 6 minutes from both Roose and Barrow-in-Furness Train Stations. A taxi can be picked up from the station. Alternatively, please call 01229 838383.
We are less than Five Minutes Walk From...
- Abbey House Hotel
- Furness General Hospital
- The Strawberry Pub
- Shell Lakeland Services
We are less than a Ten Minutes Walk from...
We are an 8 minute or less drive from...
- Sandscale Haws, National Trust Beach Reserve
- Dalton Wild Animal Park
- Barrow Town Centre
- Zone Golf
- Barrow Leisure Centre
- Vue Cinema
- The Dock Museum
We are a 15 minute drive from...
- Roa Island & Piel Island
- Ulverston - Historic Market Town
- Walney Island
- The Roxy Cinema, Ulverston
- Laurel & Hardy Museum, Ulverston
We are a 30 minute drive from...
- Newby Bridge and Access to the Lake District
- Coniston Water