Weddings at The Chetwynde Hotel are highly personalised. For every wedding, no matter how large or small, the ground floor of the hotel is available for your exclusive use, to ensure that your day is as special and private as possible. We only charge a co-ordination fee for civil ceremonies.
All of our function rooms and lounges are fully licensed for civil ceremonies, civil partnerships and wedding vow renewals! More information will follow on the website - but in between times, please contact us for futher information - or to request our new wedding brochure (courtesy of Fingerpints Barrow).
No room hire, hidden fees or mandatory accommodation requirements
We are is the perfect choice for couples wanting an intimate yet elegant wedding in family friendly surroundings. There isn't a room hire fee, hidden charges or any requirements to We are set back from the main road near the town centre and a stunning new garden sits in front of the building to create a beautiful area for photographs. Its perfect for a welcome drink too, take a sip of champagne surrounded by your loved ones that make the occasion extra special! We can also discuss tailor-made packages to suit your taste and budget. You are under no obligation to have a minimum number of guests, or to hvae your day and evening function with us. We aim to be as flexible as possible.
Flexible dining options
- Choice of two dinner / lunch menus - with up to four choices per course for your guest
- Large selection of buffet options.
- Canape options.
- Tailormade options available
- We can cater for drinks parties only
Key complimentary features of our wedding co-ordination service
- Complimentary wedding estimate prior to booking if required - without obligation to book.
- Weddings are co-ordinated and delivered by our Wedding Co-ordinator Amelia Buckley - who is a recent graduate and has worked with us delivering weddings for several years. Amelia will liaise and meet with you as often as you require to make your day perfect.
- Tailormade table plans.
- Accommodation discount code and rates for you and your guests.
- No room hire charge unless a civil ceremony.
- Exclusivity - we never run parallel events and we never ask you to share any of the hotel's lounges, bar, gardens or function space with another party.
- No obligation to book guest accommodation or have both day and evening function with us.
- Free on-site private parking.
- Master of Ceremonies.
- Cake stand and knife.
- Ivory linens.
- Candles and Hurricane lamps.
Extras you may wish to add
- Chair cover and sash hire - £2.75 per chair including sash colour of your choice.
- Large selection of arrival, table and toast drink options.
The Orangery overlooks the garden and provides a wonderful backdrop for your Wedding Breakfast. Choose from a range of menus that use the freshest locally sourced produce from around the Lakes.
Our Master of Ceremonies will be on site from your arrival to ensure that you can relax. We pride ourselves on creating a friendly atmosphere that means you really can relax and let your day unfold around you.
Our maximum capacity is approximately 160 guests (seated formally and informally) and 90 (seated, banqueting).
We do not charge room hire for any of our non-corporate events and we don't insist on complex contracts.We only apply a small co-ordination fee for Civil Ceremonies / Vow Renewals or Naming Ceremonies. Couples interested in booking The Chetwynde Hotel as a wedding venue are welcome to arrange an informal 'look around' the hotel's function rooms and guest bedrooms, followed up by a consultation service, where couples can discuss menus and the format of the day.
2017-18 Wedding Pack (you can also contact us for a brochure)
2017-18 Wedding Overview
2017-18 Wedding Buffet Options
2017-18 Wedding Menu A
2017-18 Wedding Menu B
Our Wedding Co-ordination service offers advice on room layout, decor and entertainment. We will meet with you as often as you want us to to ensure your day is perfect.
For information on our Restaurant click here